On more than one occassion I have found myself with a need to save a Real audio stream from a web site. Each time I have had to browse through multiple web sites to find a working solution. This is how I managed to do it last time around.
- Download and install FlashGet (http://www.flashget.com/index_en.htm)
- Copy audio stream URL (ending with .ram) from the web browser
- Create a new download in FlashGet using the URL taken from the previous step
- Run the download job to get the Real audio file
- Download and install Switch (http://www.nch.com.au/switch/)
- Use Switch to convert the Real audio file to the desired format
If required, use an application such as Mp3splt (http://mp3splt.sourceforge.net) to split the file into manageable parts.
All of the above applications are free to download and use.